Saturday, January 21, 2012

Eostre and Nephthys

Eostre and Nephthys are who I chose for my two Goddesses for my recent Life Book class. This week we had Bonnie Rose as a teacher, what a lovely lady! The idea was to find the light and dark or, more to the point, the ying and yang of the inner you
For the last couple of years I have been battling the sadness of losing my Father-in-law, then my sister, then my Mum. It can weigh you down and grief can be all consuming. I know that they would not want that for me, just as I would not want it for any of my loved ones should I shuffle off this mortal coil!!
 Last month my first grandchild was born and I have the second on the way this April. I need to 'embrace' the coming happiness and love. All this helped me choose my Goddesses. Nephthys is the Goddess of sadness and mourning, while Eostre is the Goddess of new beginnings. In my painting Eostre is laying a hand upon Nephthys' shoulder and basically telling her that she can step down now, Eostre will take over and bring happiness and love. While Nephthys will always be there , she will not have to work so hard! ( Heiroglyphic translations can be found at google and are a great way to add journalling if you don't want a casual viewer to know what the entry is about!)

 Bonnie's example was in crosshatching and also completed in pen. I was brave and dove right in. Not the best example of crosshatching, but I think I will definitely look into doing some more!

3 comments:

BFree2Create said...

Wow!Karen Congrats hun........this is fab!Im having so much trouble with this one........but ill get there.....

Karen @ WhimsiKa said...

Thanks so much Tania

Anonymous said...

Inspiring. Pretty darn good job first time hatcher! Lovely.